Yes, we do COVID-19 Testing for Essential Travel
Travelling soon? We perform COVID-19 testing for anyone requiring a test result for their essential travel. Our testing capabilities includes the PCR test as well as the additional IgM test which his required in some countries. Rapid Testing for IgM and Antigen will be coming soon too.
- We will do our very best to accommodate you before your essential travel, but we make no promises that you will receive results before your travel date. There are some things that are not within our control especially since we are not processing your test — LifeLabs is the company processing your test.
- We have no control on how quickly LifeLabs does your test. We cannot speed it up. We cannot make sure we get it back in a specified amount of time. We cannot guarantee your results will be available by a specific date.
- The RT-PCR COVID-19 test is conducted by LifeLabs and is a laboratory validated assay for COVID-19. However, there is no guarantee that the COVID-19 test is 100% accurate.
- We do not hold any responsibility if you are denied boarding of your flight, or denied entry into your connecting or final destination as a result of the COVID-19 testing and/or letter of health you receive from us.
- 本诊所尽全力为您服务，在旅行前出具检验报告。由于LifeLabs 化验室的部分不在本诊所控制之内，我们无法加快，也不能100%确保在某一天收到报告。核酸测试是现行的通行检测手段，但准确率达不到100%。如果您持本诊所提供的新冠检验报告被拒绝登机，或不能进入旅行目的地，本诊所不能就此负责。
We have very strict criteria on who can qualify for essential travel COVID-19 testing. You must meet all of the following to qualify:
- You are not feeling sick and you do not have COVID-19 symptoms.
- You are required to travel for an essential reason such as for work, repatriation or other mandatory reason.
- If you are travelling for vacation or pleasure reasons, you do not qualify and we will not test you.
- You require a negative COVID-19 test before your essential travel.
Quoting the recent travel changes noted by the Chinese Embassy in Canada:
In order to reduce cross-border transmission of Covid-19, starting from 7 November, 2020, all Chinese and foreign passengers who are to fly from Canada to China will be required to take nucleic acid and IgM anti-body tests within two days before boarding, and provide certificates of negative results of both tests.
All passengers going to China via direct flights must take nucleic acid and IgM anti-body tests within two days before boarding. The Chinese Embassy and Consulates in Canada accept test results issued by any medical institution, hospital, or pharmacy recognized by the Canadian public health authorities.
Foreigners going to China via connecting flights must take nucleic acid and IgM anti-body tests in Canada within two days before boarding their flight to the transit country and then take both tests again in the transit country within two days before boarding the plane flying directly to China. Foreigners shall apply at the Chinese Embassy/Consulates in the transit country for a green health declaration code with the “HDC” mark with certificates of negative results of both tests
Essential travel testing is not covered by public funding and is private pay only. We offer some of the best pricing around!
We do PCR-only tests which is valid for most destinations, as well as PCR + IgM tests for destinations that require both test results.
Results in just a few hours!
Rapid Antigen TestAll testing done in clinic.
Rapid Antigen Viral test
Testing done in clinic
Results Available after 2-4 Hours
Same Day RT-PCR TestAll testing done in clinic.
Testing done in clinic
Results Available after 2-3 Hours
Rapid IgM TestAll testing done in clinic.
Rapid IgM test
Testing done in clinic
Results Delivered After 45 Minutes
Results in 1 to 2 days.
RT-PCR TestAll testing done in clinic.
Testing done in clinic
Results Delivered after 24 - 36 Hours
RT-PCR + IgM TestPCR in clinic, IgM in LifeLabs
Results Delivered after 24 - 36 Hours
Most Affordable Pricing!
A very low $180 price for a non-rapid PCR test at Integrated Wellness clinics which is one of the least-expensive in the area!
Compare our pricing with other nearby clinics for the same test…
- $199 @ Care Point
- $245 @ Covid Travel Vancouver
- $249 @ CVM Medical
- $250 @ FastTest Canada
- $199 @ LifeLabs FlyClear
- $265 @ TravelSafe
- $250 @ Ultima/TMVC
Competitor pricing taken on August 7, 2021.
Frequently Asked Questions
General / Process
We conduct COVID-19 testing with a nasal swab, which is a soft swab inserted into your nose to reach the back of your throat. Once the sample is collected, it is sent to LifeLabs where the labs test for COVID-19 by a technique called Reverse Transcriptase Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR). This technique is also called Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT).
We are now offering the antibody (IgM) testing along with the nasal swab, which are both approved by the Canadian health authorities and are accepted by most countries and airlines. All our samples are to be sent to Lifelabs which is the only approved and accredited lab within BC. It is also advised that you book your test within 24-72 hours before your flight date, or according to the timeframe that your specific airline has indicated.
我们诊所采用鼻咽拭子测试，用一个软拭子从鼻腔进入咽喉，采集样本。样本由 LifeLabs 化验室采用逆转录聚合酶链反应（RT-PCR）技术进行化验，即俗称核酸检验。本诊所不做抗体检测，也不做血清测试。
- Click the “Book your test” button to book an appointment at the North Vancouver location. If you are having difficulty, contact our clinic directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please make sure your name is spelled correctly
- Please make sure you enter your email correctly – we communicate exclusively by email
- Note: Each country has their own requirements for the time required and we ask that you double check with your airline before booking your test
- Once we receive confirmation of your initial deposit, please ensure the form linked on the email you received after step 1 is completed. the authorization form, we will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible with an appointment time. If you do not hear from us 5 days before your flight, please email us immediately with the subject “URGENT BOOKING NEEDED”.
Note: We reserve the right to charge you the $165 non-refundable deposit. If you are given an appointment time and cancel or no show, we will charge the non-refundable deposit to the credit card we have on file.
On your appointment day, arrive on time to the Integrated Wellness Medical Centre in North Vancouver. Please make sure you:
- WEAR A FACE MASK before entering the clinic. A cloth face mask is fine.
- CLEAN YOUR HANDS when you enter and leave the clinic. Please do not wear gloves.
- ONLY BRING ESSENTIAL items.
There are no other special preparations required.
After we conduct the nasal swab, your swab will be sent to LifeLabs at the end of the day. LifeLabs does the test as soon as they can. After the test is complete they send us the report. Sometimes the test can take longer because of how many tests LifeLabs has to run.
Due to delays at LifeLab, we require at least 2 days to get your test result back and sometimes up to 3 days. Once we receive your test results, we immediately email the COVID-19 Medical Certificate and results to you.
The swabs are sent to LifeLabs on the same day you get the test at our Clinic. LifeLabs processes this test, which takes up to 5+ calendar days, but most are done within 2-3 calendar days. We do not have any control over the time, and cannot promise a specific delivery time of your results.
Rarely, there are issues with the swabs and results cannot be generated. We do not hold any responsibility if your travel plans are interrupted as a result of the COVID-19 testing done by us at the clinic.
Once we receive your results from the lab we will issue you a COVID-19 Medical Certificate. This will be sent to you by email along with a copy of your LifeLab results. You must have the Medical Certificate and the lab result to make the certificate valid.
Please review the chart below for details on the expected timeline
|Day of Test|
|Day you will likely receive your results|
Day you are expected to receive your results*
Saturday (if we are open)
Sunday (if we are open)
*Please give us a call if you have not received results by this time.
Rapid Antigen Testing
There are two test types to detect COVID-19 that are authorized for use in Canada.
- Molecular tests – also known as nucleic acid-based testing and commonly referred to as PCR tests
- Antigen tests – commonly referred to as rapid tests
The key differences between these tests are processing time and test sensitivity and specificity.
PCR is the acronym for polymerase chain reaction. PCR testing is nucleic acid-based testing, which is also called molecular testing. Molecular tests detect the virus genetic material (nucleic acids).
This type of test is considered the global gold standard to diagnose active COVID-19 infection in symptomatic patients. In Canada, PCR tests are used by public health laboratories to diagnose COVID-19 infection.
Health Canada has authorized a number of diagnostic tests using nucleic acid technology. These tests are listed on the Health Canada website and are authorized for use in the lab and at point-of-care.
A test swab may be used to collect a sample for PCR testing in laboratories or at a point-of-care facility. Point-of-care testing can be done directly in a hospital or doctor’s office. The deep test swabs are used to collect samples from the oral or nasal cavities.
Once the sample has been taken, the swab is either placed:
- in a preserving liquid and sent to a laboratory for testing or
- placed directly in a testing device (point-of-care)
Depending on where you live in Canada, PCR testing for COVID-19 may not currently be available to asymptomatic people. Many jurisdictions have had to restrict testing to symptomatic people in order to reduce the demands on the provincial health care systems.
Rapid tests, also known as antigen tests, detect proteins on the surface of the virus. They can also be used to detect proteins from inside of the virus that are released after breaking up the virus using a simple soap solution.
These antigen tests are commonly known as rapid tests because they typically provide results in under 30 minutes. While lab-based antigen testing for COVID-19 also exists, rapid tests can be administered by a trained operator at point-of-care facilities or designated testing sites. Rapid tests typically require a deep nasal swab, although studies from the medical community are showing very good results with simple nasal swabs.
Rapid tests are viewed as a critical tool to help stop the spread of COVID-19 in Canada. The primary benefits of rapid tests include:
- the ability for non-professionals to do the test
- lower cost compared to PCR tests
- faster turnaround times
These beneficial characteristics of rapid testing mean the rapid tests can become more widely used as a screening tool for COVID-19.
This will be particularly important in Canada, where COVID-19 vaccines need to be imported and have experienced distribution delays.
Depending on the test model, sample collection method, and stage of patient infectiousness, rapid tests can be less sensitive than PCR tests. This has led to a common misconception that rapid tests should be not be used as part of Canada’s strategy to stop the spread of the coronavirus. There are literally millions of rapid tests sitting in warehouses across Canada.
A less sensitive test may lead to false negatives or false-positive results. The sensitivity rate of the rapid antigen tests authorized by Health Canada ranges from 86.2% to 96.7%.
False positives from rapid tests are becoming less common. The newer rapid test models show lower false-positive rates than PCR tests. However, if a person does test positives with a rapid test, the recommendation is to first take a second rapid test to confirm the positive result. Preferably, the confirmatory test would use a different model of antigen test.
If the confirmatory test result is also positive, the patient should immediately go for a PCR test and isolate until the test result is known.
How long it takes to get your COVID-19 test results depends on the type of test that was administered. A PCR can be processed by a laboratory in 12-24 hours. However, in most jurisdictions throughout Canada, it can take 1-5 days to receive a PCR test result.
A rapid antigen test can return a result in about 15-30 minutes, depending on the test model.